- Prescribing nature: Research suggests the outdoors are good for your mental health
- Temple Grandin Wants Us to Think Differently About Kids Who Think Differently
- ‘Schizophrenia’ Still Carries a Stigma. Will Changing the Name Help?
- New treatment for depression without drugs
- Tony Bennett’s last concert
Category Archives: substance-abuse
This is a lengthy article from The New Yorker that gives a background to the opioid epidemic and how doctors were wooed into prescribing OcyContin. https://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/10/30/the-family-that-built-an-empire-of-pain
BUFFALO, N.Y. — If a person is dually diagnosed with a severe mental illness and a substance abuse problem, are improvements in their mental health or in their substance abuse most likely to reduce the risk of future violence? Although … Continue reading