This week, President Obama announced a sweeping series of executive actions to address the urgent need for gun reform in the United States, attempting to circumvent Congress since it refuses to act despite pleas from the White House. The fourfold plan contains a variety of measures designed to limit access to guns in the United States, and it’s vigorously opposed by the National Rifle Association, perhaps unsurprisingly. But there’s a section of the plan that should worry liberals as well, and that’s the section on mental health reform.
- Prescribing nature: Research suggests the outdoors are good for your mental health
- Temple Grandin Wants Us to Think Differently About Kids Who Think Differently
- ‘Schizophrenia’ Still Carries a Stigma. Will Changing the Name Help?
- New treatment for depression without drugs
- Tony Bennett’s last concert