Studies have found that the training can alter the way officers view people with mental illness. And the approach, which teaches officers ways to defuse potentially violent encounters before force becomes necessary, is useful for officers facing any volatile situation, even if amental health crisis is not involved, law enforcement experts say.
- Prescribing nature: Research suggests the outdoors are good for your mental health
- Temple Grandin Wants Us to Think Differently About Kids Who Think Differently
- ‘Schizophrenia’ Still Carries a Stigma. Will Changing the Name Help?
- New treatment for depression without drugs
- Tony Bennett’s last concert